Hello amazing people! Chicken karahi is a north Indian inspired meal, also known as chicken kadai. It is a curry dish that is served in many Indian restaurants. Now you can make it at home.
This is my own way of preparing it. It's simple and always loved by everyone. All you need to do is just toss up your ingredients, let it cook and you are good to go.
Kadai or karahi means a wok which is used in Indian kitchens for most cooking. Hope you enjoy this fusion.
Easy chicken karahi
• 1 kg chicken cut into 8 pieces
• 50g tomato paste
• 2 tbsp ginger finely sliced
• 2 tbsp garlic and ginger paste
• 4-5 green chilies
• 1 bunch fresh green coriander (dhania)
• 1 teaspoon crushed cumin seeds
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 1 teaspoon crushed red chili
• 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
• Salt to taste
• 100ml plain buttermilk (maziwa lala)
• 2 tablespoon oil
1. Heat oil in a wok and add the garlic and ginger paste. Stir fry for few seconds.
2. Add crushed cumin, black pepper and stir well.
3. Now add chicken, cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add whole green chilies and fresh coriander and mix it well.
5. Add tomato paste and buttermilk, salt, crushed red chili and turmeric.
6. Cook covered with lid till the chicken is almost done, add lime juice cook until the liquid has evaporated and thick.
7. Garnish with sliced ginger, green chilies and fresh coriander.
8. Serve hot with chapati or naan.