During the cold, rainy season, you may find yourself not only eating more often and but also preferring high-calorie, starchy foods. You are also likely to become more sedentary, preferring to stay under the covers with a cup of hot chocolate and some biscuits rather than hit the gym.
Below are some tips on choosing healthy options to keep off the extra pounds during this Kenyan winter.
- Skip the white potatoes and opt for nutritionally dense varieties like baked sweet potato and cassava.
- Soups are great for keeping you warm but opt for water based broths rather than creamy varieties.
- When cooking a one-pot stew, add your vegetables at different times to avoid overcooking.
- Add some heat by cooking with chilli, which helps raise your internal temperature.
- Millet porridge for breakfast will warm you up and keep you feeling fuller for longer during those cold mornings.
Do not miss out on the latest news. Join the Eve Digital Telegram channel HERE.