Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 15 minutes
- 1 cup roughly chopped spinach leaves
- 6 mushrooms, sliced paper thin
- 2 cups milk
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cups water mixed with 2 tablespoon corn flour
- 4-6 pepper corns, crushed
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
Boil chopped spinach with milk, uncovered for about five minutes or until the spinach is soft. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, strain the spinach and reserve the milk
Roughly blend the spinach with a little milk (do not blend too much). Set aside.
In another cooking pot, heat the butter, sauté the garlic then add mushrooms and sauté for a further two minutes. Add the spinach puree and milk, and then finally add the two cups water with corn flour and stir until it boils. Stir frequently for three-fourmins; add salt and pepper to taste and lemon juice if desired.