This healing homemade dawa is simple to make packed with vitamins and antioxidants and can be taken as both a preventative measure or as a soothing herbal remedy against colds and flu.
- Five lemons
- One large piece of ginger
- Two teaspoons turmeric
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 3 cups water
- Wash the lemons then grate the rind and juice them.
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Combine the lemon juice, rind, ginger, turmeric and black pepper in a pot with three cups of water and bring to a gentle simmer. For additional flavour, you can add cinnamon or cloves.
- Add honey to taste and enjoy!
- Turmeric: anti-inflammatory and antioxidant
- Ginger: protects against cancer and reduces nausea
- Honey: improved heart health and wound healing
- Lemon: high in vitamin C
- Black Pepper: blood sugar control