- Basmati rice
- Water, boiling
- Bay leaves
- Green Cardamom
- Cassia bark
- Fennel seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Brown Cardamom
- Star anise
ALSO READ: Movie night snacks you can make at home
1. Wash and drain the rice.
2. Heat the ghee in a large thick - based saucepan and stir fry the spices for 30 seconds.
3. Add the rice and very gently stir fry, not breaking the grain of the rice.
4. Add the boiling water and stir around.
5. Place a lid on top and turn down to the lowest heat.
6. Leave for 8 minutes - the water should have been completely absorbed.
7. Check the rice, if it's well done, remove from the and gently fluff up using a fork.
8. If the rice is still brittle in the middle, replace the lid and leave for a further 2 minutes, adding a little more water if necessary.
N/B: Patients related with ulcers shouldn't consume foods prepared with lots of spices to avoid stomach pains.
Healthy eating tips
• Serve with large salad and tomato bread.
• Additional salt is not necessary.
• Use unsaturated oil ( olive or sunflower) instead of butter.
Do not miss out on the latest news. Join the Eve Digital Telegram channel HERE.