x Eve Woman Wellness Readers Lounge Leisure and Travel My Man Bridal Health Relationships Parenting About Us Digital News Videos Opinions Cartoons Education E-Paper Lifestyle & Entertainment Nairobian Entertainment Eve Woman Travelog TV Stations KTN Home KTN News BTV KTN Farmers TV Radio Stations Radio Maisha Spice FM Vybez Radio Enterprise BULK SMS E-Learning Digger Classified The Standard Group Corporate Contact Us Rate Card Vacancies DCX O.M Portal Corporate Email RMS
Login ×
BTV
VAS
DCX
RMS

Seven habits of highly productive people

Wellness - By Lolita Bunde | January 12th 2021 at 01:30:00 GMT +0300
Productive people have mastered the art of prioritizing what they want to do (Shutterstock)

It’s never easy to know whether you are winging it at life or just watching the days go by. With the current pandemic looming, without any light at the end of the tunnel, most of our lifestyles and schedules have since been interrupted and changed.

As a result, some people grew more productive to suit the changes while for others the changes meant a drop in productivity. Having a hard time knowing which side you belong? Here are some you can adopt to help you be more productive:

  • Always remove the unimportant

Basically productive people have mastered the art of prioritizing what they want to do all day, week and sometimes month.

They rarely get destructed by unimportant things like watching TV or browsing on social media before getting done with the main tasks of the day.

  • Work with the 80/20 rule

The 80/20 rule basically means you mainly focus on 20% of your tasks that will have an impact on the rest of the 80%.

It’s not every day that you can have all your tasks done and ready by the end day but when you complete the few that are hard, you are at a better place to complete all the tasks.

  • Take strategic breaks

When you are having a busy day, it is always important to have rejuvenating breaks that are likely to help you push forward for the longer road ahead.

  1. READ MORE
  2. 1. How to help your kids manage their emotions
  3. 2. Heavily pregnant Kelly Rowland breaks sweat in intensive workout days ahead of birth
  4. 3. Committing to commitment: Simple tips on how to achieve your goals
  5. 4. Getting back into your fitness routine

Don’t take breaks when you don’t need them or let one last for too long, it is likely to throw you off from what you were doing.

  • Remove distractions

As established before, removing the unimportant is the first step to staying productive but also staying away from distractions completely will help you stay focused.

For instance, you are likely to be distracted by your phone constantly buzzing with unread messages. When working you can put it on silent mode and away from your eyeshot.

Most of our lifestyles and schedules have since been interrupted and changed by the pandemic (Shutterstock)
  • Set a timeline

Our brains can only focus on tasks for a particular given amount of time. Before you get fully engrossed on your scheduled tasks, always give yourself a timeline to help you stay focused.

Also, don’t forget to incorporate breaks in between to help you rejuvenate your mind and body.

  • Create your work flow environment

The office automatically helps you switch to work mode, but while in the house you have to create a work environment to help you stay focused.

You can set up a given space or room where children and other household members won’t distract you once you start working.

Also ensure the room is safe from noise and other environmental distractions.

  • Use technology whenever you can

The reason why you easily get distracted from your flow is because you are probably overworking and you need rest. It is important to use technology whenever you can to reduce on the workload.

You can also make a duty roster to include your household members to do house chores and give you more time to complete other tasks.

Stay Ahead!

Access premium content only available
to our subscribers.

Or Login With Your Standard Account
Support independent journalism

Please enter your email address to continue

Support independent journalism
×
Create An Account
Support independent journalism
I have an account Log in
Reset Password
Support independent journalism
Log in