Our lower body muscles are our biggest muscles so it is important to keep them flexible.
1. Hip and lower back stretch
Stand with feet shoulder-width apart with your hands akimbo. Rotate your hips clockwise for five counts then anti-clockwise for five counts. This exercise stretches
2. Hamstring stretch
Sit on the edge of a firm chair with one foot flat on the ground and the other stretched out straight in front, heel resting the floor. Sit up straight, flex you toes back towards you and lean forward, stretching your arms towards your toes. Hold for ten seconds and swap sides.
3. Quad stretch
- READ MORE
- 1. Five natural foods that help reduce stress
- 2. Dr Esther Dindi: Why we started the group Thriving Couples
- 3. Seven habits of highly productive people
- 4. Physical exercise and cuddling my sons are part of my daily routine, ghetto doctor
Lie on your side with your feet stacked and your head propped with . Pull the foot of the top leg back towards your bum and hold for ten seconds. Switch sides.
4. Ankle stretch
Sit on a chair with your back straight. Extend one leg out in front or cross one leg over the other leg. Rotate your ankle clockwise and anti-clockwise ten times in each direction. Repeat on the other side.