Go all out this Easter with a roast chicken that will take your celebrations up a notch. This recipe is simple enough to follow and will give you ample time to prepare your other dishes.
Roast Chicken Ingredients:
1 chicken about 1kg
3 tablespoons of cooking oil
For the stuffing:
2 slices of bread/ 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- READ MORE
- 1. Easy recipe: Berry french toast
- 2. #EasyRecipe: Sorghum and mango salad
- 3. Easy recipe: Slow cooked mbuzi with fried rice
- 4. Five simple green smoothie recipes worth a try
1 onion, chopped
¾ teaspoon mixed herbs
¾ teaspoon rosemary
10 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon butter
Salt to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to high (250 degrees Celsius)
2. Combine stuffing ingredients and mix well.
3. Stuff chicken. Make sure you don’t overstuff it.
4. Place chicken on a tray and brush it with oil (not too much).
5. Lightly oil the baking tray and add about a cup of water.
6. Place the chicken on the baking tray and put it in the oven. After 15 minutes, lower the oven temperature to 200 degrees Celsius. Leave to cook for about one hour, 15 minutes.
7. Keep basting the chicken as it cooks to make sure it doesn’t dry out.
8. Serve when ready. Accompany with fried whole potatoes and a salad.