×
App Icon
The Standard e-Paper
Home To Bold Columnists
★★★★ - on Play Store
Download Now
×
The Standard Group Plc is a multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services. The Standard Group is recognized as a leading multi-media house in Kenya with a key influence in matters of national and international interest.
  • Standard Group Plc HQ Office,
  • The Standard Group Center,Mombasa Road.
  • P.O Box 30080-00100,Nairobi, Kenya.
  • Telephone number: 0203222111, 0719012111
  • Email: [email protected]

Lawyer Apollo Mboya applies for legal action against Museveni's son

Living
 President Yoweri Museveni's son Muhoozi Kainerugaba. [File, Standard]

Lawyer Apollo Mboya has applied in a Kenyan court to have criminal proceedings instituted against Uganda President Yoweri Museveni's son Muhoozi Kainerugaba for threatening to invade Nairobi.

Mboya terms the act treasonable.

In the application filed at the Milimani Law Courts, Mboya says that Muhoozi's October 3, 2022 Twitter remarks "is an offense threatening national security and territorial integrity as well as Kenya's sovereignty".

Mboya listed Kenya's Inspector-General of Police and the Director of Public Prosecutions (ODPP) as the first and second respondents.

The lawyer says after Muhoozi made the threat to invade Kenya, his father President Museveni promoted him to a full General of the Ugandan military, which meant he had been given additional powers.

Mboya argues that the inaction by Kenya's Police IG and DPP compromises the country's national security.

He wants the Police IG and the DPP to produce in court results of investigations into Muhoozi's remarks and the charge sheet in regard to the alleged offence.

He also wants the court to issue a summon to Muhoozi to appear before the court in person.

According to Mboya, Muhoozi will be served through email.

Muhoozi, through his official Twitter handle on October 3, 2022, wrote: "It wouldn't take us, my army and me, two weeks to capture Nairobi."

Related Topics


.

Trending Now

.

Popular this week

.

Similar Articles

.

Recommended Articles