We all love some good curry or stew, also known as mchuzi in Kiswahili. This is a super delicious thick mchuzi made out of vegetables that are readily available in the market. You can serve this with rice or even ugali. Let’s get cooking.
What you will need:
- 1/4 kg potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 medium size carrots, diced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp mchuzi mix
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/4 cup tamarind sauce
- Salt to taste
What to do:
Boil the potatoes and carrots.
Add ginger paste and let it boil until potato and carrots are cooked. Set aside.
In a separate pan, pour oil. Let it heat then add your chopped onion. Let it cook to a golden colour.
- READ MORE
- 1. Easy recipe: Sweet cardamom pumpkin in creamy milky sauce
- 2. Easy recipe: Sautéed pilipili chicken
- 3. Easy recipe: Creamy macaroni with cherry tomatoes and chicken
- 4. Christmas leftover recipes to beat waste and eat for free
Add garlic paste, cinnamon, cumin and chopped tomatoes.
Let the tomatoes cook for a few minutes.
Mix one tablespoon of mchuzi mix with some water in a glass. Add to the mixture and stir well.
Add the tomato paste and stir well.
Pour in the boiled potatoes and carrots mixture with its broth into the cooked paste and add the tamarind.
Let it cook in low heat, adjust seasoning with salt.
Once ready, garnish with coriander.