A young woman captured the “scariest moment of her life” as she came face to face with a ‘stalker’ who broke into her home.
Hannah Viverette was filming herself dancing for a TikTok video in her apartment, when suddenly she froze in fear.
Writing on Facebook she said: “I heard my second storey balcony door begin to open.
“Startled, I immediately moved towards the door to close it, only to realize there was a man behind the force.”
She recognised the intruder, as she had seen him around her apartment complex in Hagerstown, Maryland.
His stares had previously made her uncomfortable before but she brushed it off as him "just being a creep”.
Ms Viverette said: “It was the moment I came face to face with him at my door that I knew he was there to harm me.
- READ MORE
- 1. Woman praised for cheap cleaning hack that makes stained baking trays look 'good as new'
- 2. Woman's optical illusion dress labelled 'creepy' as her 'waist disappears'
- 3. Woman left mortified after making hilarious error 30 seconds into huge job interview
- 4. Easy recipe: Sweet cardamom pumpkin in creamy milky sauce
- 5. My word: One of many warriors
- 6. 'I cheated at work and now husband wants me to quit job I love'
- 7. Kim Kardashian and Kanye 'in marriage counselling with little chance of living together'
- 8. Beating Covid 'as good as a vaccine' with '90 per cent protection', study finds
- 9. Meghan and Harry's royal exit left 'a lot of hurt feelings on all sides',
- 10. Kate Middleton 'surprised' by present Meghan Markle sent her on 39th birthday
“He kept his hands in the pockets of his hoodie with a smirk on his face.
“He mumbled something in Spanish, and then proceeded to take a step in and I heard “friends?”.... “are you sure?”... “
In the terrifying video, which Ms Viverette also posted on TikTok, she questions the man - “who are you?”
She then backs out of her home while begging for him to “please get out”.
The man advances closer, asking: “Am I your friend?”
“No, please get out,” she responds.
She managed to snap a quick image of the intruder on her phone.
He can be seen wearing a bright orange top as he continues to peer through the balcony door before eventually leaving.
Luckily Ms Viverette escapes to her neighbour’s apartment, where she says she called 911.
A Hagerstown Police Department statement confirmed 36-year-old Angel Moises Rodriguez-Gomez had been arrested on charges of third- and fourth-degree burglary, second-degree assault, stalking and malicious destruction of property.
He has since been released on bail until his court date - which is not yet decided.
Ms Viverette said she was concerned that Rodriguez-Gomez - who lives in the same area as her - is out on bail.
She posted the video on Tik Tok, with the caption “the moment you’re recording yourself dancing and your stalker climbs in your second storey balcony to break in”.
She also posted a status on Facebook.
Ms Viverette wrote: “If anyone knows ANYTHING about this man or have ever felt/been uncomfortable/harassed, assaulted in ANY way by him, PLEASE SPEAK UP!
“I refuse to live in fear and I refuse to let him continue doing this to me or ANYONE.”
The Hagerstown Police Department has since asked for social media users to respect the legal process.
However the post has gone viral and has been shared across Twitter, with one user captioning the video, “This broke my heart, where is it safe to be a woman?”
This post alone has been viewed 1 million times.