If you are looking for meals that are delicious, nutritious and that won’t break the bank, look no more. With just a few ingredients, most of which might already be in your kitchen, you can put together meals that will leave you licking your fingers and asking for more.
Pumpkin has largely been a favourite among mothers who are weaning their children. But you can also make a delicious, nutritious, heartening soup which will definitely warm you up in this cold and rainy weather.
Slice of pumpkin – Sh.100
1 medium onion, chopped – Sh.20
2 tomatoes, chopped – Sh. 20
1 teaspoon Royco
ALSO READ: Recipe: Simple vegetable curry
White pepper to taste (optional)
Salt to taste
1. In a large sufuria heat the oil.
2. Put the onions in and allow to cook translucent.
3. Add the tomatoes and allow to cook until soft.
4. Add pumpkin and salt and stir. Pour in water to cover the pumpkin, lower the heat, cover and leave to cook.
5. Once the pumpkin is soft, mix Royco with a little water in a cup and then pour in. Stir and leave to cook. If the liquid is little add a little hot water and allow to cook.
6. Remove from fire and pour in a blender. Blend until smooth.
7. If it has cooled too much, pour in the sufuria and reheat.
8. Serve sprinkled with white pepper.
Amount spent: Sh. 140!