It's not easy to perfect crispy roast potatoes - but we may have found the easiest and most delicious-looking method yet.
Previous viral videos have advised home cooks to follow a variety of strange methods, using ingredients from Marmite to honey and mustard.
But now TikTok user @Izmott, who shares clips of her enviable roast dinners and cooking tips, uploaded a tutorial on how to recreate incredible roast spuds with a crunchy coating and fluffy filling.
And the best news is you probably already have everything you need in your kitchen cupboards at home, reports the Daily Star.
Isabella shared the video with the caption: "Happy Sunday! How I make my crispy roast potatoes and why I am the favourite child."
What you need:
- READ MORE
- 1. Five natural foods that help reduce stress
- 2. Vegan foods rich in proteins that you should know
- 3. Woman shares 'correct' way to drain pasta after doing it wrong “her whole life”
- 4. Six foods that can keep you hydrated
Goose fat or alternative
How to make the perfect roast potatoes:
1. Preheat the oven to 200C
2. Skin the potatoes and parboil in a pan until they are "fluffy but not too soft"
3. While you wait, chop up enough garlic and rosemary to season the number of potatoes you are cooking
4. Once the potatoes are parboiled, shake them in a dish until they are fluffy and coat them in a light layer of flour
5. Add the potatoes to a pan with hot goose fat and ensure every spud is coated on all sides
6. Sprinkle the rosemary and garlic evenly over all of the potatoes
7. Place the tray in the oven and cook on 200C for 20 minutes before flipping
8. Cook for a further 20 minutes, before turning the temperature up to 220C for a final 10 minutes
The results speak for themselves with a mouth-watering golden crispy skin and the video has racked up thousands of views.
It left others impressed and they vowed to give the method a go when they next cook up a roast, with one writing: "Add flour - now I know. Deffo trying this, thank you!"
Isabella has also shared her method to create huge homemade Yorkshire puddings and they are equally impressive.