The secret to 'perfect' roast potatoes with crispy skin
By MIRROR |
1 year ago
It's not easy to perfect crispy roast potatoes - but we may have found the easiest and most delicious-looking method yet.
Previous viral videos have advised home cooks to follow a variety of strange methods, using ingredients from Marmite to honey and mustard.
But now TikTok user @Izmott, who shares clips of her enviable roast dinners and cooking tips, uploaded a tutorial on how to recreate incredible roast spuds with a crunchy coating and fluffy filling.
And the best news is you probably already have everything you need in your kitchen cupboards at home, reports the Daily Star.
Isabella shared the video with the caption: "Happy Sunday! How I make my crispy roast potatoes and why I am the favourite child."
What you need:
Goose fat or alternative
How to make the perfect roast potatoes:
1. Preheat the oven to 200C
2. Skin the potatoes and parboil in a pan until they are "fluffy but not too soft"
3. While you wait, chop up enough garlic and rosemary to season the number of potatoes you are cooking
4. Once the potatoes are parboiled, shake them in a dish until they are fluffy and coat them in a light layer of flour
5. Add the potatoes to a pan with hot goose fat and ensure every spud is coated on all sides
6. Sprinkle the rosemary and garlic evenly over all of the potatoes
7. Place the tray in the oven and cook on 200C for 20 minutes before flipping
8. Cook for a further 20 minutes, before turning the temperature up to 220C for a final 10 minutes
The results speak for themselves with a mouth-watering golden crispy skin and the video has racked up thousands of views.
It left others impressed and they vowed to give the method a go when they next cook up a roast, with one writing: "Add flour - now I know. Deffo trying this, thank you!"
Isabella has also shared her method to create huge homemade Yorkshire puddings and they are equally impressive.International Literacy Day is coming up. When was the last time you read a book?
Intimacy should last seconds: Understanding your man between the sheets
Between The Sheets
By BELDEEN WALIAULA
Cindy Orwa: My love for fashion saw me quit my job to start business
By BONIFACE MITHIKA
Meet Kenya’s Mbeki Mwalimu charming fans on Netflix
By KIRSTEN KANJA
Pregnancy: Alcohol, cigarettes during pregnancy can cause cleft lips
By SAADA HASSAN
Kim Kardashian collaborates with luxury label Fendi
Wives of officers team up to help their spouses combat psycho-social challenges
By MARTIN NDIEMA
Tight school calendar, accumulating fee arrears push parents to the edge
By KENNEDY GACHUHI
The scourge of breast cancer: A survivor's story
By ESTHER MUCHENE AND KIRSTEN KANJA
Japanese beauty secrets you can adopt
By PAULINE MUINDI