Meghan and Harry have filed paperwork to dissolve their Sussex Royal charity, according to reports.
The latest break from the royals comes after they were told they could no longer use 'Sussex Royal' in their branding by the Queen.
This week bombshell court papers revealed that in her brief spell as a senior royal Meghan felt "unprotected by the Institution, and prohibited from defending herself."
The couple, who quit the royal family earlier this year, say they want to concentrate on new ventures going forward - focusing on eco-tourism project Travalyst, which launched last year.
They have reportedly filed paperwork for the royal foundation to be officially dissolved, with trustees set to step down.
An insider told Newsweek: "Following previous announcements that The Duke and Duchess will not be using the name 'Sussex Royal' and will not continue with a foundation in its name, paperwork has been filed with Companies House and the Charity Commission to formally close the charity down.
"This will appear on the online public record in the coming days.
"The charity formally enters a period of 'solvent liquidation'."
Harry will remain at the helm until the charity is finally closed, the source said.
Newsweek reports that the California-based couple will focus their attention on Travalyst - an eco-tourism scheme aimed at reducing the environmental damage caused by travel.
Harry and Meghan - who have themselves come under fire over their use of private jets - will be concentrating on how the travel industry can recover from the coronavirus crisis, the source said.
A statement on their Sussex Royal website earlier this year said: "As shared in early January on this website, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not plan to start a ‘foundation’, but rather intend to develop a new way to effect change and complement the efforts made by so many excellent foundations globally.
"The creation of this non-profit entity will be in addition to their cause driven work that they remain deeply committed to.
"While The Duke and Duchess are focused on plans to establish a new non-profit organisation, given the specific UK government rules surrounding use of the word ‘Royal’, it has been therefore agreed that their non-profit organisation will not utilise the name ‘Sussex Royal’ or any other iteration of ‘Royal.’"
It comes as the Duchess of Sussex fights it out in court over a "private and confidential" handwritten letter she sent to her estranged father, Thomas Markle, that was later published by the Mail on Sunday and MailOnline.
The papers claim that it took a toll on her mental health, particularly when she was pregnant.