ALSO READ: How coronavirus is altering online dating
The celebrate Dating Sunday, the clever people at Tinder have put together a handy guide to help you make the most out of the dating site - including things to avoid
Today is Dating Sunday, one of the busiest days of the years for people loading up their dating apps and searching for The One.
Last year Tinder saw a 26 per cent increase in matches and 27 per cent increase in chats started compared to the previous week.
There was also a 41 per cent jump in the number of people downloading the popular app.
So this year, bosses have shared some important tips to help people try and meet a very special someone.
They've listed some of the things you should avoid doing if you want to increase your matches, and the things which can make you more popular.
There's also so advice on when to use the app, and even what you send first if you can't think of what to say.
Things you should never do
- Leave your bio blank
- Don't wear sunglasses in your photos - they reduce swipes by 12 per cent
Things you should always do
- Smile in your photos - it can increase your likes by 14 per cent
- Pick photos of you wearing bright colours so you stand out from the background
- Use the smart photos, so it automatically picks your most popular photo first
- Log on Sunday afternoons - it's the best time to use the app as it's when the most people are online
- Use GIFs - they are 30% more likely to get a reply
- Be yourself and be respectful
Do not miss out on the latest news. Join the Eve Digital Telegram channel HERE.
The views and opinions expressed here are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Evewoman.co.ke