The Judicial Service Commission (JSC) has submitted a list of 20 successful High Court Judge position applicants to President William Ruto.
According to a press release by JSC Chairperson CJ Martha Koome, the submission marks the end of recruitment advertised by the commission on March 14, 2022.
“After lengthy deliberations and careful consideration of the performance of the various candidates and based on the constitutional imperative of merit, gender, regional balance and affirmative action, the JSC has recommended the appointment of the underlisted…” Koome’s release reads in part.
Out of the 20 qualified names presented to the president for appointment, eight are women while the rest are men.
The following is the list of names forwarded to the president for appointment:
1. Hon. Gichohi Patricia Njeri
2. Ms Mongare Josephine Wayua Wambua
3. Ms Nyaundi Patricia Mande, SC
4. Hon. Kavedza Diana Rachel
5. Ms Chirchir Sophie Chebet
6. Prof. (Dr) Sifuna Nixon Wanyama, PHD
7. Ms Shariff Mwanaisha Saida
8. Hon. Nyaga Heston Mbogo
9. Mr. Chigiti John Mugwimi
10. Mr Mulwa Peter Mutua
11. Hon. Nthiga Lawrence Mugambi
12. Mr Mutai Gregory
13. Mr Wananda John Robert Anuro
14. Mr Mohochi Samuel Mukira
15. Mr Olel Francis Rayola Ochieng Odhiambo
16. Mr Githiru Freda Mugambi
17. Mr Ngare Dennis Kizito Ng’wono
18. Hon. Macharia Florence Wangari
19. Hon Odera Teresa Achieng
20. Mr Visram Aleem Alnashir