We are in a digital era and our kids are now the ‘digital kids’. With school holidays finally here, we know how mischievous children can get especially with their gadgets. In this regard, parents should be a step ahead of the mischief. With so many apps and online games, it becomes hard to monitor the kind of content our kids consume. Parents should however try and familiarize themselves with these apps.
Here are some of the most apps common ones among teens:
1. Snapchat: This app lets you connect and chat with friends, view live stories from all over the globe.
2. Instagram: Teens enjoy chatting via Instagram since the messages are deleted once a user leaves a conversation.
3. Hot or not: This app allows strangers to rate your profile. The end result is a hook-up
4. Yellow: This basically tinder for teens. Teens freely flirt with each other
5. Burn Book: This one allows you to post rumours about people through audio messages, texts and photos.
6. Omegle: This is a free online chat that promotes chatting anonymously to strangers.
7. Calculator % : Looks like a calculator but functions like a secret photo vault.
8. Whisper: The creators of this app promote sharing secrets and meeting new people.
9. Ask.fm: Here you ask any anonymous question and get an answer.
10. Kik: This is an app that people can use to text with friends at high speed and with more of a "face-to-face feel" than regular texting (users' profile pictures appear in a little bubble next to their text, and they can quickly text photos, sketches, or even pre-designed greeting cards to individuals or groups).
11. Yik yak : The producers of this app call it "the anonymous social wall for anything and everything." All users are anonymous and their posts are called "Yaks" and show up in a live feed for other users — or "Yakkers" — in their proximity.