Man hospitalized for two months after assault by police during curfew
By Fay Ngina | July 30th 2020
man has been stuck in Port Reitz hospital after he was allegedly assaulted by
police enforcing curfew on May 23, in Magongo area, Mombasa.
Macharia now uses a pipe to feed on water, porridge, and milk as he cannot eat
any solid foods after sustaining head and back injuries.
victim's mother, Annerose Waruguru, says she has to stay near her son and hold
his hands to avoid Macharia from pulling off his feeding pipes when he gets
who does laundry services for a living, is seeking justice for his son as she
cannot even afford Sh6,000 for a scan.
don't even have a husband. Their father died when he was only eight years old.
I have gone through a lot of hardships raising three kids on my own,"
lamented Macharia's mother.
mother has not been able to file a formal complaint at the Changamwe Police
Station until now as she is caught up with taking care of her son.
Changamwe Sub-County police commander Joseph Kavoho has invited the victim's
mother to file a formal complaint as they launch investigations into the
want to assure that any report we would get from any source, we will follow up
with it keenly and ensure justice has been served to everyone," said the
Interior CS Fred Matiang' i also condemned attacks by police on civilians
following the chaos at City Hall, Nairobi, on Tuesday, July 28.
CS Matiang' i directed that everyone in the Nairobi National Assembly have their arms withdrawn, and licenses revoked after police were captured assaulting Mlango Kubwa MCA Patricia Mutheu. <iframe width="730" height="500" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-WzXSQ2MRsg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
3,000m steeplechase duo of Chepkoech and Kiyeng duo chase elusive medal
- Cheruiyot is just happy to have finally raced at the biggest stage
- Olympics: 5,000m runner Kimeli sails through to final, believes 2021 could be his year to deliver
- Syombua exit in 400m heats as Botswana’s Montsho calls it a day on the track
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession