Cash remains popular mode of payment despite growth in digital payments
A new report from Financial Sector Deeping (FSD Kenya) indicates more than 92 per cent of people working in the country’s agriculture sector and 94.6 per cent of entrepreneurs receive their payments in cash. Further, 43.3 per cent of consumers in formal employment receive their payments in cash.
By Macharia Kamau and Frankline Sunday | 4 years ago
Nairobi City's digital payment platform has failed
The automation of Nairobi County government’s payment of rates, parking fees and other services was meant to enhance accountability, raise revenue collection and curb corruption.
Philip Kisia | 4 years ago
Honest matatu driver who returned Sh20,000 feted
- DP William Ruto donates Sh2m in Awendo, Migori, buys one umbrella at Sh20,000
By Brian Okoth
- Attorney General rejects varsity courses accreditation agreement
- Court throws out laws limiting top jobs to doctors
HEALTH & SCIENCE
- Couple deported from China, charged with falsifying documents
- Wait for big announcement next week at Bomas, promises Gideon Moi
By Patrick Beja