Let’s start off the year with this delicious creamy macaroni. Macaroni is dry pasta made from durum wheat that is shaped like narrow tubes. This recipe is a quick meal that is nutritionally balanced since you have starch from the macaroni, vitamins from the veggies (the cherry tomatoes), and some protein from the chicken and cheese.
What you will need:
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 glass of milk
1 glass of water
- READ MORE
- 1. Easy recipe: Berry french toast
- 2. #EasyRecipe: Sorghum and mango salad
- 3. Easy recipe: Slow cooked mbuzi with fried rice
- 4. Easy recipe: Chicken in mushroom and sweet corn
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic paste
500g boiled pasta
500g shredded chicken (cooked)
Cherry tomato 200g
Cheese (150g mozzarella cheese) (150g cheddar cheese)
1 bunch spring onions, chopped
What to do for the creamy milk sauce:
1. In a pan over medium heat, add in butter.
2. Once melted, add the flour. Mix well and add the milk. Season with black pepper and salt to taste. 3. Add in paprika and cook until thick. Adjust with the water until you get your desired consistency, cover with a lid and set aside.
For the macaroni:
1. In a large non-stick pan, over medium heat, add the oil and cherry tomatoes, garlic paste and shredded chicken.
2. Add the pasta and creamy milk sauce.
3. Add the cheese and mix well. Once cheese has melted, transfer to a serving dish.
4. Garnish with some extra cherry tomatoes and chopped spring onions.