During the holy month of Ramadhan, Muslims are required to abstain from eating and drinking from dawn till sunset. Since it’s still hot in the country, it is crucial to get hydrated at Suhoor (early morning meal before starting the fast) and even after Iftar (sunset meal when breaking the fast). For the next 3 weeks, I will be showing you my favourite drinks that are super easy to whip up and can keep you feeling refreshed and cool throughout. Today let’s make mango and passion smoothie.
What you will need:
1 large ripe mango
500ml ice cold milk
500ml vanilla ice cream
5 - 6 large sour passion fruit
ALSO READ: Easy recipes: Spicy, saucy chicken wings
2 large glasses
What to do:
1. Peel the mango and slice it, ensuring you get most of the flesh. Set aside.
2. In a blender, add in the mangoes. Add in 500ml milk and ensure the milk is ice cold (frozen) with some chunks of ice so that your drink will be frothy once you blend it.
3. Add in 250ml or half of the ice cream in the blender. Give it a good blend, resting the blender every minute or so.
4. Cut your passion fruits into two and squeeze. Once the passion pulp is in the glasses, gently pour in the blended mixture in the glass. You will see a layer of passion in the bottom.
5. Scoop some ice cream on top and squeeze some extra passion pulp over the ice cream. Finish off with half of the passion as a garnish.
Enjoy this refreshing drink at Iftar or Suhoor.