Let’s make a super easy and delicious steak at home. All you will need is half a kg of rump steak or top side beef whichever is available at your local butcher. You can ask the butcher to thinly slice it for you and also tenderize it using a tenderizer. When you get home you will simply marinate the steak for about three hours and start cooking. We will also prepare a super delicious cheesy sauce using a chedar cheese. This sauce can also be used to serve some cheesy fries if you fancy cheese and fries. Let’s get cooking.
What you’ll need:
For the beef steak
- 1/2 kg beef steak cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon cumin/black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic ginger paste
- 1 lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- Salt to taste
For the cheesy sauce
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 200g cheddar cheese
What to do:
- In a medium bowl put in beef steak and marinate with lime juice, vinegar, garlic ginger paste, salt to taste, cumin/black pepper, salt and soy sauce. Let it marinate for about 3 hours or so.
- In a hot non-stick pan pour in the oil and pan sear the steak. Let it cook for at least 5 minutes on each side or until brown and juices almost clear. Set the beef steak aside to rest.
- In another pan over medium heat, add in butter, once melted add in the flour and mix well to make your roux.
- Then add in the milk and whisk into a smooth paste, put in the cheese and continue to cook until the cheese is melted. Pour the cooked cheese mixture over the beef and serve.