Let’s make a super easy and delicious steak at home. All you will need is half a kg of rump steak or top side beef whichever is available at your local butcher. You can ask the butcher to thinly slice it for you and also tenderize it using a tenderizer. When you get home you will simply marinate the steak for about three hours and start cooking. We will also prepare a super delicious cheesy sauce using a chedar cheese. This sauce can also be used to serve some cheesy fries if you fancy cheese and fries. Let’s get cooking.
What you’ll need:
For the beef steak
- 1/2 kg beef steak cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon cumin/black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic ginger paste
- 1 lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- Salt to taste
For the cheesy sauce
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 200g cheddar cheese
What to do:
- In a medium bowl put in beef steak and marinate with lime juice, vinegar, garlic ginger paste, salt to taste, cumin/black pepper, salt and soy sauce. Let it marinate for about 3 hours or so.
- In a hot non-stick pan pour in the oil and pan sear the steak. Let it cook for at least 5 minutes on each side or until brown and juices almost clear. Set the beef steak aside to rest.
- In another pan over medium heat, add in butter, once melted add in the flour and mix well to make your roux.
- Then add in the milk and whisk into a smooth paste, put in the cheese and continue to cook until the cheese is melted. Pour the cooked cheese mixture over the beef and serve.
SignUp For Newsletter
Get amazing content delivered to your inbox. Subscribe to our daily Newsletter.