1. Natural make-up remover - Use coconut oil to remove eye and facial make-up. Massage the oil into your skin to break up the make-up and then wipe off with cotton wool.
2. Make-up on the run - Mix your foundation with your moisturiser and apply as a tinted moisturiser. Do the same with concealer by mixing it with some eye cream. The creamy texture blends in very smoothly achieving a natural made-up look.
3. Keep your skin hydrated - During the warmer months of the year, use a facial mist to spritz your face. You can also use this on top of make-up for a dewy look.
4. Quick-dry nails - Dip your painted nails in a bowl of ice to dry them quickly.
5. Disguise chipped nail-polish - By adding a layer of glitter or textured nail polish. You can keep a manicure going for over a week.
6. Multi-tasking beauty products - Sometimes our skin changes from dry to oily due to the weather, hormones, stress or diet. Rather than throwing away your face cream, use it as a balm for your feet or as a hand cream.
7. Pop pimples the smart way - If you must pop a pimple or have done so accidentally, wipe with witch hazel to kill the bacteria. Then place an ice-cube on the area for ten minutes. This will help to soothe the inflammation.
8. Nail stickers - Enhance your nail skills by using nail stickers. To make them look more authentic, seal them with a coat of topcoat. This will help them last longer.
9. Remove nail polish without remover - If you’ve run out of remover, apply a clear coat of polish on the nail and remove immediately with cotton wool.
10. Dry out pimples - Dab toothpaste on a pimple and leave it overnight. Wash your face as usual in the morning.
11. Special occasion make-up - Apply make-up earlier in the day thereby giving it time to settle. It will also look more natural and you’ll be less rushed when you’re getting ready.
12. Soft lips - Rub your lips with a warm damp cloth at night to remove flaky, dry skin. Follow with a coat of lip balm.
13. Young hands - Keep your hands youthful by moisturising often. Exposure to the elements causes our hands to age faster than other parts of the body.
14. Exfoliate - Use an exfoliating wash or scrub at least once a week to get rid of dead skin, thereby keeping your skin at its best.