43 laws of feminine power
By VIVIANNE WANDERA | 2 months ago
Feminine power; the soft and subtle but unyielding strength that lies within you, something that once you embrace, will lead you to great places.
Four women share the laws of feminine power that govern their lives; both in the boardroom and beyond.
Wahu Kagwi - a musician and businesswoman
1. Big dreams don’t achieve themselves…you make them happen.
2. You don’t need to be with a man, instead, choose to be with one.
3. Hold on to your girlfriends...you’ll need them along life’s journey.
4. Anything a man can do, a woman can do too!
5. A good cry is good for the soul. But when done, get up and try again.
6. Love your family and give them your all, but remember, self-love comes first.
7. Paint your life in your own beautiful and unique colours. You don’t need to look or act like anyone else.
8. Be open to learning; the most beautiful lessons come from the most unexpected sources.
9. There’s enough room in the sky for all the stars to shine, so shine on without dimming the light of another.
10. Seek God’s guidance and in all things, put Him first.
Mary Keah-Otieno - a medical doctor and CEO of Baberia Cuts & Atwech Farm Limited
11. Plan, plan, and plan some more.
12. Remain focused on your goal...always.
13. Take time out for yourself. The world won’t stop because you had some ‘me-time’.
14. Savour motherhood, if that is the path you have chosen. To your kids, you are a superwoman.
15. Persistence and consistency; that’s how you get where you want to be.
16. Get up and do it, even when you don’t want to.
17. Always sexy, sensual and presentable. You never know who you will meet.
18. Cry in your safe space. Cry when you need to. Then wipe off those tears and get to work.
19. Nothing worth anything comes easy. Work for it. Work hard.
20. Pray daily, pray earnestly, pray without ceasing.
Dr Kizzie Shako - a forensic medical specialist and a police surgeon
21. Identify your purpose. The sooner you understand what your purpose on this earth is, the better for you. This will inform everything you do, all the decisions you make, and give you direction. Life without purpose can seem unfulfilling and meaningless.
22. Embrace boldness. Speak up, speak out, be heard, be seen. How else will you leave your footprint?
23. Let your light shine. Don’t hold back. There will always be disgruntled people upset by you and your ways. Do you.
24. Know thyself. Understand your strengths, vulnerabilities and weaknesses. A regular self-audit and self analysis to map out trends, habits and decisions you have made s a useful exercise to guide you towards your strengths.
25. Get help when you need it. Wisdom is knowing and accepting that you are human, that you cannot do everything, and that failing to accomplish one goal is not failing at life. Fearlessly, shamelessly and confidently seek help when you need it.
26. Love yourself passionately. Learn what love truly is and what it is not, then apply that to yourself.
27. Be kind to yourself. Remind yourself every day that you are beautiful, strong, courageous, ambitious, and blessed. Speak positivity into your life even when you don’t want to.
28. Mind who you allow into your life. Who you choose as your friends and peers you associate with must create ecosystems that promote emotional and physical well-being. If not, stay away from them.
29. Mind what you listen to, what you read and what you feed your soul. Seek great mentors and read good books.
30. Never stop learning. Read a book, pick up an instrument, watch a documentary, take up a challenge even at the workplace and expand your thinking capacity! That is how you grow.
31. Trust yourself. Your inner voice is usually right. Listen to that voice, your guiding star. Self-doubt is an unfavourable habit to develop.
32. When you’re down, count your blessings. Name them one by one.
33. Let go and let God. That will give you peace.
34. Sometimes if all you could do is survive the day, that is OK too. As we said (27), be kind to yourself.
Mariel Lucas - a businesswoman and proprietor of Mariel Hair Studios
35. Believe in yourself and your capabilities. Self-doubt will cripple you.
36. ‘No’ is a good enough answer. You don’t need to explain it or be apologetic about it.
37. You’re beautiful. Don’t let them make you feel less than that.
38. Love yourself unconditionally. Be your greatest love.
39. Put your happiness first. That way you can spread it to those in your life.
40. Be noble; a woman of your word. It is a crying shame to be anything else.
41. Take control of your life and your dreams. Be responsible for your decisions and your actions. If you don’t, someone else will, and that is no way to live.
42. Guard your heart and keep healthy relationships. It is OK to walk away from a bad relationship. You deserve happiness.
43. Take good care of your body. It is the greatest form of self-love. Eat well, exercise regularly and drink water.
Neema Nkatha: Making sexy bikinis is my dream, I’m living it
By ESTHER DIANAH
Confessions: How do I show him respect?
By CHRIS HART
Will he ever propose?
By CHRIS HART
The Icon: Lady Gaga leads People’s best dressed list
Prince Harry and Meghan featured on Time's top 100 most influential
Five tips on how to live with a pet in a small space
By ESTHER MUCHENE
Juliana Cherera: Meet new IEBC vice chair, a career civil servant and teacher
By JUDAH BEN-HUR
Have you given your child the sex talk?
By LOLITA BUNDE
How to wash your braided hair at home
By LOLITA BUNDE