If there’s one thing motorists dread when driving into the Nairobi Central Business District is looking for parking and paying for it.
We've seen several people who have had their cars clamped in CBD and had to be fined by the City Council to have the clamp removed.
<p><b>If there’s one thing motorists dread when driving to Nairobi Central Business District is looking for parking and paying for it</b></p><p><b>A few months back, paying for parking fees was a tough hassle for many, especially with the risk of having the car clamped</b></p>
On December 5, 2018, parking fee for privately owned cars was reduced from Sh300 to Sh200 as stipulated in the County Finance Bill by the Nairobi County Assembly.
In addition to having the parking fee reduced, Nairobians are now able to pay the fees using their phones, and the process only takes less than a minute.
Here’s how you can pay your packing fees using your mobile phone;
- Dial *235# on your phone
- Among the ePayments, select no. 1 for parking
- Select no. 1 for Daily parking
- Insert your vehicle number plate
- Select the area of parking
- Choose the category of vehicle, if it’s a private car select no. 6
- Insert no. 1 to proceed with the payment
- Insert your MPesa pin to make the payment
- You’ll receive a message confirming your payment