1. You get to have someone to come home to and share company with.
2. You get to have someone with whom you can have as much sexual pleasure as you both want.
3. You get to have someone to look after and who looks after you.
4. You get to walk with someone who is your best friend long term, at a time when even friendships don't last.
5. You get to build a future with someone who knows you as an adult. Our parents know who were as children, our spouse knows who we truly are as adults.
6. You get to have someone to raise and guide the children with, collective effort.
7. You get to have someone who won't give up on you just because of an argument.
8. You get to have someone who has your best interest at heart and looks out for you, warns you, corrects and challenges you to be better.
9. You get to have someone who shares in your success, your sorrows, your struggles, your good and bad days.
10. You get to have a companion. You are not alone, no loneliness. Someone to laugh with and open up to without feeling you are a bother or you are talking too much.
11. You get to have someone you are intertwined with to be your strength when you are weak.
12. You get to have a prayer partner who prays fervently because whatever affects you affects him/her.
13. You get to have a dependable helper you can count on.
14. You get to have someone to share responsibilities and roles with at home, lessening the weight.
15. You get to have someone to flirt with and be naughty with without judgement.
16. You get to have someone who has spent so much time with you that they understand you and can represent you, cover you and get you even without saying a word.
17. You get to have someone who worries about you when you are not OK, when an accident happens, when you are quiet or when you come home late.
18. You get to have someone to pour your love to knowing that you are not wasting it because this is long term.
19. You get to have someone who has given you authority to call on them, ask them for help or do things for you with no pay or demands; all because your spouse loves you and you do the same for your spouse.
20. You get to have someone who will be a custodian of your secrets and memories for life instead of talking with person A, then person B, then person C... It is comforting to build with one.
21. You get to have someone who teaches you things you never knew, only if you are willing to learn.
22. You get to have someone to grow old with whose love has been tried and tested.
23. You get to have someone who will continue with your vision and family in case you die.
24. You get to have someone you loved and who loved you for life in your brief journey on earth.
25. You get to have someone who helps you to fulfil purpose and you two coming together means you can do more.
© Akello Oliech and Dayan Masinde
In my book, MANHOOD SERIES, I walk with men towards understanding themselves and help women to understand men.
In my other book, WOMANHOOD SERIES, I walk with women towards understanding themselves and help men to understand women. ___________________________________
To purchase the MANHOOD SERIES written by Dayan Masinde, MPESA Ksh. 200 to 0721590954, then text the word MAN and your email address to the same number and the book will be sent to your email address for you to download and read on your phone or computer.