Why execute broken persons? Let's abolish the death penalty
It’s been 35 years since the Kenyan state legally executed anyone for a capital offence but, for the 600 human beings currently on death row, three decades is too long to stay walking dead.
By Irungu Houghton and Maurice Oginga | 9 days ago
Death Penalty no silver bullet for ending corruption
Roots Party of Kenya presidential candidate Prof George Wajackoyah has stated that if elected, his administration will introduce the death penalty to enforce a "zero tolerance" for corruption.
Frankline Sunday | 12 days ago
French EU presidency to push for worldwide end to death penalty, says Macron
A conference will be held in Paris gathering civil society groups from countries where the death penalty is in use or suspended.
Reuters | 8 months ago
IEBC appeals order on MP Sabina's summons
- Safari rally fans warned over condom shortage in Naivasha
- KRA auctions abandoned goods worth Sh39.6m at Mombasa port
- Over 250,000 students to join higher learning institutions
- UK-based engineer takes aunt to court for 'grabbing' his land in Nairobi
By Paul Ogemba
- Cold weekend ahead as temperatures hit below 10 degrees
By Betty Njeru