Jamal quenches thirst after winning Johnnie Walker title as Rajani and Wanyoike shine at Muthaiga and Ruiru respectively
Coast lady golfer Alyssa Jamal displayed her best skills in carding 73 nett to emerge the Silver winner of the 2019 Ladies Medal Golf tournament at the par 71 Nyali Golf and Country Club in Mombasa, on Saturday.
Playing off handicap 14, Jamal recorded a total of eight level pars against five bogey shots and double bogeyed the rest of the holes in both nines to claim the trophy.
“I have been playing well of late. I am humbled with this victory and I thank my parents and the club for their great support,” said Jamal.
Handicap 13 Teresia Odoo, on 74 nett, was the runner-up, while handicap 18 Saida Samji on 75 nett was third.
The one-day 18-hole tournament, which was sponsored by Johnnie Walker, saw handicap 29 Pervis Barnsley win the Bronze Medal on 72 nett to floor a field of 100 golfers.
Handicap 7 Laban Roba carded 69 nett to win the A Division of the 2019 November Mug while handicap 16 Rohit Devani was the B Division winner on 67 nett.
Handicap 25 Rajesh Kunverji won the C Division title on 70 nett.
At the par 71 Muthaiga Course in Nairobi, handicap 7 Uday Rajani on 40 points won the Crown Paints sponsored golf tournament.
Handicap 10 Daniel Mbugua was the runner-up on a countback score of 38 points after tying on points with third placed handicap 25 Julius Opio.
Susan Kanyora, playing off handicap 13, was the lady winner on 33 points while handicap 27 Nyambura Gitimu on 40 points was the junior winner.
Thika Sports Club’s Christopher Mwenda, who had 32 points, was the Guest winner.
At the par 72 Ruiru Sports Club, handicap 20 J.N. Wanyoike posted 40 points to emerge the overall winner of the Fresha Dairy brand sponsored golf tournament played on Saturday, beating handicap 17 Josphat Kaunda to the Men winner slot by a point’s difference.
Handicap 18 Catherine Wambui, on 33 points, was the lady winner while handicap 10 Ben Mugambi, who had 34 points won the guest prize.
Handicap 30 Alex Ngugi, who had 30 points, won the Junior title.
Brand Manager Wairimu Chege said the tournament, which attracted 195 golfers, was one of the ways in which the company interacts with its farmers and other stakeholders.
- Man in connection with racial gestures and chants during Manchester derby in TROUBLEFootball 2 days ago
- Beaten Andy Ruiz Jr wants Joshua rematchBoxing 2 days ago
- Pep Guardiola speaks after suffering a 2-1 derby defeat at home to Man UtdFootball 2 days ago
- MMUST RFC lands new shirt sponsorship Rugby 2 days ago
- Tiger Woods' niece finishes fourth as Henseleit of Germany wins the Magical Kenya Ladies Open Golf 2 days ago
- Leicester break club record with 4-1 win at VillaFootball 2 days ago
- Cecafa Senior Challenge: Harambee Stars beat TanzaniaFootball 2 days ago