A team of seven experts will supervise the construction and equipping of 10 level two and nine level three health facilities in Nairobi County.
The team comprises Dr Thuranira Kaugiria, D. Eunice Omamo, Eng. Martin Owino, Dr Martin Sirengo, Dr Oluga Ouma, Ms. Esther Kamau and Mr Benjamin Inoti.
The Ministry of Health in a statement said the seven-member team will be tasked with monitoring the performance of the contractor in liaison with the project manager. Also, through the State Department of Public Works, the team will ensure that items delivered comply with the technical specifications.
The team will also ensure that the project is completed within the given time frame and that all contracts are complete and up to date.
According to PS Ministry of Health, Susan Mochache, the project is meant to benefit the residents of Nairobi which will be an uplift to the already burdened health system.
This comes at a time when efforts to upgrade the existing health facilities are in place at Mama Lucy Hospital. On Monday, Nairobi Metropolitan Services Director-General Mohamed Badi said Mama Lucy Hospital will be upgraded from Level 4 to Level 5 health facility with 120 isolation beds.
- READ MORE
- 1. You have deserted us, health unions say
- 2. MP’s battle with Covid-19 at home
- 3. World's top surgical glove maker shuts factories due to coronavirus
- 4. Covid-19:12 more die as Kenya records 413 new cases
- 5. Clinical officers issue strike notice over PPE
- 6. Coming soon: Use of saliva for Covid-19 testing
- 7. MPs want Covid-19 essentials zero rated
- 8. Poor girls sell sex to get money for sanitary products
- 9. After weeping for doctors, Nyikal now defends his stint at MOH
- 10. The toughest 9 months: I was pregnant with cancer