by Beauttah Omanga
Opinion is divided on what International Criminal Court Prosecutor Moreno-Ocampo should do with the list of suspected masterminds of post-election violence.
Assistant Minister Kabando wa Kabando said Mr Moreno-Ocampo should let Kenyans know leaders he was investigating and have them resign pending the outcome of his investigations.
"They should be known on Sunday so that untainted leaders can take their positions now," he said.
Ikolomani MP Bonny Khalwale and his Kipkelion MP Magerer Langat said Moreno-Ocampo has no choice but to act on the recommendations as compiled by Justice Philip Waki since Parliament had approved them.
"Any attempt to discard the report will amount to disrespect and insubordination of citizens who voted for the Waki report though their MPs. We expect action by Moreno-Ocampo starting with those on the list," said Dr Khalwale.
Mr Magerer said: "Kenyans have heard enough talk about actions against perpetrators of violence. They want action against those who plotted killings against Kenyans and those who plundered the elections leading to the eruption of chaos."
But Nyatike MP Omondi Anyanga disagreed, saying he should discard the Waki findings and start afresh.
"He has all the time to launch his own investigations on the violence. Chances are that some of those who appeared before the Waki Commission harboured bitterness and grudges, a reason for them to implicate innocent people," said Mr Anyanga.
Bonchari MP Charles Onyancha said Moreno-Ocampo should make public those implicated by Waki.
"He has no reason to conceal the names. The ICC has done enough investigations and there is no reason to fear telling Kenyans what they have discovered so far."