Sometimes you just want to make fast food at home. We give restaurant fries a twist by making them out of sweet potatoes. We’ll serve them with battered chicken and your favourite ketchup or dip.
What you will need
10-12 chicken drumsticks
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
ALSO READ: Easy recipe: Chickpeas with a twist
1 teaspoon garlic ginger paste
Juice of 1 lemon
1 kg sweet potatoes peeled and cut as fries
1 litre oil for frying
Salt to taste
For the batter:
1 cup flour
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
What to do
1. In a tray, lay the chicken drumsticks and prick them so that they can cook inside.
2. Add the black pepper, garlic ginger paste, turmeric powder, and lemon juice. Mix with your hands until all the ingredients are combined. Let it stay in the marinade for about an hour or so.
3. In the pan over medium heat, add in the marinated chicken and let it cook in its own juices for about 15 minutes. Ensure you cover the pan with a tight lid.
4. As the chicken is cooking, let’s make the batter. In a bowl, add in the flour, turmeric, paprika and salt. And the vinegar and water to the mixture and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
5. Remove the chicken from the heat and let it cool down and then pour the chicken gravy in the batter mixture to add flavour. Mix well.
6. Dip the chicken into the batter and deep fry in vegetable oil until golden brown.
7. Once the chicken is cooked, use the same oil to fry the sweet potato chips until crisp.
Do not miss out on the latest news. Join the Eve Digital Telegram channel HERE.