Nyamira Governor Nyaribo dealt huge blow High Court stops vetting of Gesami
By Stanley Ongwae
| May 29th 2021
The High Court has stopped the Nyamira County Assembly from vetting Deputy Governor nominee James Gesami for the post.
Gesami will not be vetted for a second time even after Governor Amos Nyaribo mended his relationship with the County Assembly.
Most MCAs have been an impediment in Gesami's nomination but a month ago, Nyaribo mooted an agreement with them to allow him nominate the former West Mugirango MP.
However, a resident moved to court to bar the former MP from being subjected to fresh vetting.
Man kills wife, dies by suicide in Uasin GishuResidents of Kolonget village, Uasin Gishu County, yesterday woke up to shocking news of a man who hacked his wife to death before committing suicide.
Plan accordingly, KeNHA says as it plans to close Uhuru HighwayNairobi-bound dual carriageway at Nyayo Stadium to be closed tomorrow 9pm to Monday 9am for culvert installation; motorists advised to use alternative
Karen Hospital founder Dr James Mageria dies of cancer
- Why Dr James Gakara's postmortem failed to proceed
- Jubilee nominates Isaac Ngugi to replace Prengei, Governor Kinyajui protests
- Masinde Muliro University’s top administration, including VC, announced
By Brian Okoth
- Home alone: Kenyans don’t understand why man’s angry after wives leave him
By Brian Okoth
- Nakuru family in agony as KWS detective goes missing