Nyamira Governor Nyaribo dealt huge blow High Court stops vetting of Gesami
By Stanley Ongwae | May 29th 2021
The High Court has stopped the Nyamira County Assembly from vetting Deputy Governor nominee James Gesami for the post.
Gesami will not be vetted for a second time even after Governor Amos Nyaribo mended his relationship with the County Assembly.
Most MCAs have been an impediment in Gesami's nomination but a month ago, Nyaribo mooted an agreement with them to allow him nominate the former West Mugirango MP.
However, a resident moved to court to bar the former MP from being subjected to fresh vetting.
Kenya 7s captain Amonde set to hang up his boots after early exit at Tokyo 2020
- Olympics: New Zealand beat Kenya in women’s rugby sevens
- Olympics: Kenyans can relax as there was no typhoon
- Why Kenyan trio may not win 3000m steeplechase tomorrow
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession