Failure to take oath haunts anti-graft body official
On September 5, last year, Parliament enacted a law to establish a new body to fight corruption. Under Section 3 of the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Act (2011), the body was established to take over from Kenya Anti-Corruption Commission (KACC).
By - | 8 years ago
Court ruling on Matemu shut door for those with Integrity Questions
A landmark judgement of the High Court of Kenya disqualifying Mumo Matemu from heading the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission is one of the bright shades in an otherwise politically polarised year.
- Ndung’u Wainaina | 8 years ago
Go ahead and tame the graft dragon, Mr Matemu
Welcome, (we pray that Parliament will give you the nod) to the most loved and loathed office, Mr Mumo Matemu. This is everyone’s dream job because those who get it, it is rumoured, end up earning even more than the President. But that’s besides the point. What PointBlank is waiting for now, is your inaugural speech. In their speeches, those who came and went before you, usually dwelt on fish and dragons.
China swamps Kenya with onions
- Jimi Wanjigi: Silent kingmaker joins race to succeed Uhuru
- Boy who missed KCPE composition paper to join top school
- Protests as body of missing girl dumped near state agency staff quarters
- Mistakes lock most students out of dream schools, says Magoha
- Makueni MCA dies in a road accident