Knife-wielding attacker drew inspiration from 'Islamic State'
Shire stabbed to death cafe co-owner Malaspina, injured two in Melbourne.His passport had been revoked preventing him from joining the IS in Syria.
By AFP | 2 years ago
Mombasa court frees four women held for over two years on terror charges
A magistrate in Mombasa Thursday released four women charged with being members of a terrorist group on a Sh500,000 bond.
Joackim Bwana | 4 years ago
Jihadi brides plead to new terrorism charges
Four women accused of links to Al Shabaab pleaded not guilty to new charges of conspiracy to commit terrorism. Maryam Said Aboud, Khadija Abdulkadir Abubakar, Ummul Khayr Sadir Abdalla and Halima Adan Ali who were arrested last year are already facing a charge of being members of the terrorist group. They were freed on bond yesterday, but never left prison after the State pressed new charges. Senior Principal Magistrate Simon Rotich overruled a preliminary objection filed by the defence opposing the four girls from taking plea to the new charges.
Joackim Bwana | 5 years ago
Three meetings held in Mount Kenya to lay strategy for the presidency
- Share dossier on six judges with the public, Raila tells Uhuru
- Pain as families seek help to trace kin's bodies in the Gulf
- Form 2 student among suspects arrested over Southern Bypass robberies
- Bring it on, Ruto challenges Raila and Kalonzo
By Allan Mungai
- Sauti Sol’s Bien and wife deny open relationship talk