Jose Mourinho linked with shock move to Tottenham
Jose Mourinho has reportedly admitted to friends he would consider taking over as Tottenham boss - despite strong links to Real Madrid.
The Sun claim Mourinho reckons a return to the Bernabeu would be his if he wants it as Zinedine Zidane struggles to turn around their fortunes.
But despite his confidence in being offered the job, he is keeping a close eye on the situation at Tottenham with Mauricio Pochettino still under pressure.
He could opt to turn down Los Blancos in order to keep alive the chance of taking over at Spurs to get another crack at the Premier League.
Mourinho, who has been out of the dugout since his Manchester United sacking last December, is said to be holding out for a Premier League return.
He is believed to be particularly interested in north London giants Arsenal and Tottenham given his location in the capital.
Whilst links to replace Unai Emery have been strong, he also has an interest in the Spurs top job with Pochettino struggling to turn things around.
ast year's losing Champions League finalists sit 14th in the Premier League table after a miserable start.
And Mourinho realises their options could be limited if they move on from Pochettino putting him in the frame to be tasked with turning things around.
Pochettino has also been strongly linked with Real Madrid in the past, and could be free to join the club Mourinho managed between 2010 and 2013.
- Man City not able to compete with European elite, Guardiola confessesFootball 2 days ago
- Australian Barty named WTA Player of the YearTennis 11 hours ago
- Tusker make light work of Wazito to go take league leadSports 24 minutes ago
- Kimanzi gets two-match ban for unsporting behaviorFootball 2 days ago
- Lady Bucks Kisumu crowned KBF Division One championsBasketball 1 day ago
- Mwamba RFC announces death of founder member Mng’ong’oRugby 1 day ago
- Benzema could face trial over tapePremier League 15 hours ago