Jesse Were receives encouraging message after AFCON snub
Zesco United assistant coach Alfred Lupiya has issued encouraging sentiments to snubbed Harambee stars striker Jesse Were.
The Kenyan is in form at the moment with his club in Zambia inspiring them to the 2019 ABSA Cup final after he netted twice in a heated semifinal clash against Buildcon on June 15.
The former Mathare United and Tusker man now has 17 goals in all competitions.
Whilst his form sizzles in Zambia were hasn’t scored for Harambee Stars in 26 appearances and that was enough to justify Sebastien Migne’s decision to leave him out of the AFCON squad.
However, he remains Zesco United’s crown jewel and he will get an opportunity to add to his tally this season when his side meet Zanaco in the ABSA Cup final to be played on June 22.
“Of late, Jesse had really helped us. If that coach watches this game, I am sure he will have to think twice.
“Jesse is on top of his game now. He is really helping us and he is also playing with an injury but he has helped us a lot.
“But coaches are different, so I cannot say why he (Kenya coach Sebastian Migne) did drop Jesse. The coach knows what he was doing, but for us, Jesse is really helping the team, he is on top of his game now.” Said Lupiya when speaking to the press.
Were will have to wait until Sunday 23rd to see the Harambee stars grace the turf in their first big event since 2004 against the Desert Foxes of Algeria.??
- Harry Maguire to take charge right away after Young's departure Football 1 day ago
- Solskjaer -Rashford set to miss Liverpool clashPremier League 2 days ago
- Premier League refs told to use monitors for red cardsPremier League 2 days ago
- Impala seeking redemption against Oilers in crucial tieRugby 2 days ago
- Fireworks as regional teams fight for places in qualifiersBasketball 2 days ago
- AK: Dopers have nowhere to hideAthletics 2 days ago
- Kariobangi Sharks to meet Naivas as Confed Cup startsFootball 2 days ago