Manchester United confirm legendary striker Solskjaer as full-time manager
Manchester United have finally announced Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as the club’s full-time manager.
The club appointed Solskjaer as head on a three-year contract on Thursday.
An elated Solskjaer said it was a great honour to be a United player and manager.
“From the first day I arrived, I felt at home at this special club. It was an honour to be a Manchester United player, and then to start my coaching career here.
“The last few months have been a fantastic experience and I want to thank all of the coaches, players and staff for the work we’ve done so far.
"This is the job that I always dreamed of doing and I’m beyond excited to have the chance to lead the club long-term and hopefully deliver the continued success that our amazing fans deserve,” Solskjaer concluded.
United named the former player as caretaker manager in December 2018 after sacking Jose Mourinho.
The 45-year-old took over with United sixth in the Premier League table. Currently, Man United are fifth with 58 points.
Ed Woodward, United Executive Vice Chairman, commented: “Since coming in as caretaker manager in December, the results Ole has delivered speak for themselves.
“More than just performances and results, Ole brings a wealth of experience, both as a player and as a coach, coupled with a desire to give young players their chance and a deep understanding of the culture of the club. This all means that he is the right person to take Manchester United forward.
“I want to thank Ole and the coaching team for everything they have done so far and congratulate him on this richly deserved appointment. The fans and everyone at the club are behind him as he looks to take us where we need to be and build the next stage of our history.”
Solskjaer spent 11 seasons at Old Trafford, scoring the winning goal in the 1999 Champions League final.
He scored 126 goals in 366 appearances for the club between 1996 and 2007.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's managerial record at United:
- Touch of class: Arsenal star Mesut Ozil rewards Kenyan boy for second timeFootball 6 days ago
- Classy Kubu helps millers sink Leos as Kabras Sugar go above KCBRugby 1 month ago
- Premier League players to boycott social media in racism protestPremier League 1 month ago
- Arsene Wenger fires stern warning to Manchester UnitedFootball 3 weeks ago
- Manchester United appoint new coachFootball 2 weeks ago
- Pogba penalties save lackluster Man UnitedFootball 1 month ago
- Huge crowds electrify Eldoret City 42km raceAthletics 1 month ago