Jose Mourinho makes controversial Man Utd vs Barcelona prediction
Jose Mourinho has inadvertently predicted the outcome of Manchester United's Champions League clash with Barcelona.
And it's safe to say fans of the Red Devils will not be pleased with their former manager's thoughts on the quarter final tie.
Manchester United looked destined to crash out of the Champions League at the last-16 stage before Ole Gunnar Solskjaer took the wheel.
And even with the Norwegian in charge the Red Devils were beaten 2-0 by Paris Saint-Germain in the first leg of their tie at Old Trafford.
United pulled off a sensational comeback in France, with a late Marcus Rashford penalty sending his side through at PSG's expense.
The Red Devils were drawn against Barcelona in the next round, but according to Mourinho this is the end of the road for United.
"Juventus and Barcelona are the two great candidates for the final victory and will reach the bottom," Mourinho told AFP, suggesting the Catalan giants will overcome United.
"All they talk about [Cristiano] Ronaldo and [Lionel] Messi, but I prefer to talk about Juventus and Barcelona, I will always be a football coach and football continues to be a team sport.
"Juventus and Barcelona have experience, talent and a special player each. There are these special players, the teams end up becoming the best."
- Iten to host relays national trialsAthletics 1 month ago
- Lukaku may have played his last game for Manchester UnitedFootball 2 weeks ago
- School games: Kakamega, Dagoretti reach rugby 15s semisRugby 1 month ago
- EPL preview: Five things we learned from the Premier LeaguePremier League 3 weeks ago
- Photos that will remain painful memories to United fans after Messi’s magicFootball 1 month ago
- Factbox: List of major honors won by Pep GuardiolaFootball 1 week ago
- African great Toure blasts football chiefs over racismFootball 1 month ago