Basketball: KPA women team off to Mozambique
Kenyan team’s in last year’s championships KPA and Equity were on the receiving end.
Reigning national women basketball champions Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) left the country yesterday for the Fiba Africa Club Championships, which starts tomorrow in Mozambique.
Authority’s Sports administrator Lenox Safari said the authority has assembled a strong teams that is expected to perform better during the continental championships.
The local women champions were boosted last week by the arrival of US based Taudencia Katumbi who started training with the team on Thursday at the team’s training base at Makande indoor court, Mombasa.
Also new blood at the KPA side are Ugandan based student Christine Akinyi and former ISIU point guard Cynthia Irankunda. [Ernest Ndunda]
- Mourinho seen for first time since being sacked by Manchester UnitedFootball 21 hours ago
- Former Harambee Stars captain looking to beef up Gor Mahia’s attackFootball 16 hours ago
- Jurgen Klopp sends message to Jose Mourinho after Manchester United sackingFootball 23 hours ago
- Golf: Bollo bolts team to Safari tour Victory Golf 2 days ago
- Why Man United legend Rio is a concerned manFootball 1 day ago
- Sharks taste Sony SugarFootball 16 hours ago
- Tottenham fan guilty of throwing banana skin at Arsenal striker AubameyangFootball 20 hours ago