Basketball: KPA women team off to Mozambique
Kenyan team’s in last year’s championships KPA and Equity were on the receiving end.
Reigning national women basketball champions Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) left the country yesterday for the Fiba Africa Club Championships, which starts tomorrow in Mozambique.
Authority’s Sports administrator Lenox Safari said the authority has assembled a strong teams that is expected to perform better during the continental championships.
The local women champions were boosted last week by the arrival of US based Taudencia Katumbi who started training with the team on Thursday at the team’s training base at Makande indoor court, Mombasa.
Also new blood at the KPA side are Ugandan based student Christine Akinyi and former ISIU point guard Cynthia Irankunda. [Ernest Ndunda]
- Serie A champions pay price for resting Cristiano RonaldoFootball 1 month ago
- Calling Messi God is blasphemy – Pope Francis Football 2 weeks ago
- How Emiliano Sala’s saga highlights murky dealings of player agentsFootball 1 month ago
- Hellen Obiri makes history in Aarhus DenmarkAthletics 2 weeks ago
- School games: Kakamega, Dagoretti reach rugby 15s semisRugby 1 week ago
- Man City reach FA Cup final, stay on course for four trophiesFootball 1 week ago
- Zidane back at Real?Football 1 month ago