Barcelona set to rename Nou Camp with negotiations over stadium sponsorship rights underway
The Nou Camp is set to be renamed as Barcelona begin talks over the selling of stadium sponsorship rights.
Barca are preparing for a £500million renovation of the iconic venue, where the capacity will be increased to an incredible 105,000 by the end of the 2021/22 season.
But alongside a new roof, high definition video scoreboards and plush VIP facilities, the stadium is also poised to take on a new name.
Club chiefs are hopeful that they will be able to secure a sponsor for the Nou Camp during the first half of 2018.
Sport report that Barca have already began negotiations with global companies over the possibility of taking the rights.
The Catalan giants are hoping for in excess of €200million (£179m) in a deal.
In the English Premier League, eight of the 20 teams have a sponsor on their stadium.
Barcelona matches will continue undisrupted as the work commences during next season, which will include extending the roof across all stands at the ground.
- CAF Confederations Cup quarter-finals hopes: Gor's Guikan responds to critics in fine styleFootball 17 hours ago
- Why World Cup stewards are in trouble after confronting pitch invadersWorld Cup 2018 5 hours ago
- Manchester United star ruled out until September - MourinhoFootball 22 hours ago
- Sports court annuls AC Milan Europa League banSports 2 hours ago
- Kenya Secondary Schools national Term Two games: Kobala seek to oust football queens WiyetaSports 17 hours ago
- National volleyball title: Cheptil vow not to drop guardVolleyball and Handball 17 hours ago
- Man City consider selling Sterling after World Cup gamble failedGossip & Rumours 5 hours ago