Man in court seeking ballot papers to have ‘none of the above’ option
By Julius Chepkwony
| November 12th 2021
A petitioner has moved to court, seeking the introduction of “none of the above” option on ballot papers.
Boniface Mwai filed his petition at the Nakuru High Court on Friday, November 12.
Mwai argues that the box will provide 360-degree options for voters.
“That option (none of the above) allows voters who do not have confidence in the listed candidates to exercise their democratic right by indicating that none of the aspirants has won them over,” he said.
The petitioner wants the court to compel the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC) to introduce that option on ballot papers, starting with the 2022 General Election.
Two petitioners file case seeking to block ODM boss from vying for top seat
- Lawyer Ahmednasir Abdullahi: Why I can’t support Raila Odinga
- PS clears the air on transition of students to junior high school
By James Omoro
- Juja: ‘Revenge message’ written on body of woman found stashed in suitcase
- Section of Thika-Garissa Road to be closed for 77 days
- Jimi Wajingi claims Raila Odinga fall-out has led to his woes