President Uhuru assents to the IEBC, County Outdoor Advertising bills
By PSCU | October 28th 2020
President Uhuru Kenyatta (pictured) has this morning signed into law the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (Amendment) Bill No. 3 of 2019 and the County Outdoor Advertising Control Bill of 2020.
The amended IEBC law establishes a selection panel to oversee the filling up of vacant positions at the Commission as well as future appointments to the electoral agency.
The new law also sets the criteria for the selection of IEBC Commissioners and outlines the qualifications of members of the selection panel.
County Outdoor Advertising Control Act seeks to streamline outdoor advertising in the Counties by ensuring a balance between commercial, environmental and public safety considerations.
The Act recognises the growing importance of outdoor advertising as a revenue stream for County Governments and provides a uniform licensing regime across the 47 Counties.
The Bills were presented to the President at State House, Nairobi by Solicitor General Ken Ogeto in the presence of Speaker of the Senate Ken Lusaka and his National Assembly counterpart Justin Muturi.
Also present were Head of Public Service Dr Joseph Kinyua, Leader of Majority in the National Assembly Amos Kimunya, Clerk of the National Assembly Michael Sialai and his Senate counterpart Jeremiah Nyegenye as well as State House Deputy Chief of Staff Njee Muturi.
Kenya 7s captain Amonde set to hang up his boots after early exit at Tokyo 2020
- Olympics: New Zealand beat Kenya in women’s rugby sevens
- Olympics: Kenyans can relax as there was no typhoon
- Why Kenyan trio may not win 3000m steeplechase tomorrow
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession