Selection panel to recruit IEBC team out today
By Josphat Thiong’o | April 21st 2021
President Uhuru Kenyatta is today expected to receive the list of nominees to the selection panel that will recruit four electoral agency commissioners.
The Parliamentary Service Commission (PSC), chaired by National Assembly Speaker Justin Muturi, is expected to submit the names to the President for appointment.
The team will spearhead the recruitment of four commissioners to the Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission (IEBC).
This is after Uhuru, on April 14, declared the positions vacant following the resignation of four IEBC commissioners after the disputed 2017 presidential elections.
The selection panel, as per the IEBC Act of 2020, shall consist of two men and two women nominated by the PSC, one person by Law Society of Kenya and two people by the Inter-Religious Council of Kenya.
Through a letter seen by The Standard, LSK president Nelson Havi nominated Kimuli Morris Mutua to sit in the panel.
Suspended SDA students record exemplary performance in KCSE
By Nikko Tanui
- Assistant Inspector-General of Police William Sing’oei found dead
By Kamore Maina
- How Wajir governor’s wife took over running of county
- BBI Bill sails through in Senate
- Speaker Lusaka on removed Senator Mwaura’s BBI vote
- They reported for Term 3 but found other people in their classrooms