1. Classic French toast
1 cup almond milk, or any milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon cardamom
Pinch of sea salt
8 1-inch slices of bread
Coconut oil, for brushing
Maple syrup, for serving
1. Make the french toast: In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt. Dip each slice of bread into the mixture and set the soaked bread aside on a large tray or plate.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat and brush with coconut oil. Add the bread slices and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Reduce the heat to low as needed to cook thoroughly without burning. Serve.
2. Herb-filled French toast
5 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
2 teaspoons thinly sliced chives
2 teaspoons minced thyme
1 teaspoon minced oregano
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 ½ teaspoons salt
½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
6 slices bread, sliced on a bias into 1 inch thick pieces
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
fried eggs cooked to your liking
1. Place eggs, milk, mustard, herbs, garlic, spices, salt, and pepper into a shallow baking dish and whisk together.Place a large skillet over medium heat, add 4 tablespoons butter and melt. Press 3 slices of bread into the egg mixture to soak. Flip each slice and soak for about 1 minute.
2. Carefully transfer soaked bread slices to the hot skillet and sear for 3 to 4 minutes or until nicely browned. Flip each slice and continue to cook until browned and French toast has cooked through, an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Remove the French toast slices from the pan and repeat steps 2 and 3 with the remaining bread slices.Top each serving of French toast with a fried egg, sprinkle of salt and pepper and fresh greens of your choice. Serve.
3. Banana baked French toast
8 to 10 slices quality whole grain sandwich bread
4 large eggs
2 cups milk of choice (low fat milk or nut milk works)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons raw sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Arrange the whole slices of bread on a large baking sheet and bake them for 8 minutes, turning halfway. This dries out the bread a little so it soaks up more of the egg mixture.
2. In a mixing bowl, scramble the eggs, then whisk in the milk, cinnamon, vanilla and salt. Melt the butter in the microwave or over the stove. Whisk the honey into the melted butter before pouring it into the egg mixture.
3. Grease a 9 by 9-inch baker. Cut most of the slices of bread in half, and the last couple of slices into quarters. Arrange the halved slices in the baker in rows, as shown in the pictures above, to make a roughly even layer of bread. Fill in the empty spots with the smaller pieces of bread.
4. Peel and slice the bananas into ¼-inch wide rounds. One by one, stick the banana slices in between the slices of bread at random. Slowly drizzle the egg mixture over the bread. Use your hands to press down on the bread so it is fully submerged in the egg mixture for a few seconds. Wash your hands, then generously sprinkle the French toast with a couple teaspoons of raw sugar. Bake until the top is golden and the custard is set in the center, around 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes. Serve.Is it possible to die from love?