x Eve Woman Wellness Readers Lounge Leisure and Travel My Man Bridal Health Parenting Reproductive Health About Us Digital News Videos Opinions Cartoons Education U-Report E-Paper Lifestyle & Entertainment Nairobian SDE Eve Woman Travelog TV Stations KTN Home KTN News BTV KTN Farmers TV Radio Stations Radio Maisha Spice FM Vybez Radio Enterprise BULK SMS E-Learning Digger Classified The Standard Group Corporate Contact Us Rate Card Vacancies DCX O.M Portal Corporate Email RMS
x

Meghan Markle given 'doctor' title on government website in bizarre error

Entertainment By Mirror
Meghan Markle was listed as a 'doctor' on Companies House (Image: Getty Images)

Meghan Markle being incorrectly listed as a 'doctor' on a government website has been put down to a filing error, according to reports.

ALSO READ: Meghan Markle's emotional birthday message looks back at 'brutal' decade

Companies House briefly gave the Duchess of Sussex the title after she and husband Prince Harrysubmitted paperwork to dissolve their Sussex Royal foundation.

The Sun reports the 38-year-old former Hollywood actress was described as HRH and then Dr The Duchess of Sussex, before both titles were dropped completely on Wednesday.

Meghan is no longer allowed to use HRH in relation to securing work as part of the deal which allowed the Sussexes to step down as senior royals in March.

She has a bachelor’s degree from Chicago's Northwestern University, where she majored in theatre and international studies - but no doctorate or medical qualifications.

A royal insider told The Sun: "The duchess is definitely not a doctor."

A spokesman for Companies House told the newspaper: "We are currently looking into this matter."

Harry and Meghan announced they intended to move to North America (Image: @queenscomtrust/twitter)

The couple say they want to concentrate on new ventures going forward after dissolving their foundation - focusing on eco tourism project Travalyst, which launched last year and non-profit organisation Archewell.

ALSO READ: Queen wishes Meghan Markle 'very happy birthday' on Instagram as she turns 39

It comes as Harry and older brother Prince William have agreed to divide the future proceeds of their tragic mum's memorial fund as part of an agreement to separate their charitable activities.

According to reports, an agreement was signed in December last year between the Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the now abandoned Sussex Royal Foundation.

It was agreed just under a month before Harry and Meghan announced they intended to move to North America and become financially independent.

In April 2013, the Royal Foundation charity assumed legal control of The Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund to safeguard any future income upon the ending of its operations.

Also this week bombshell court papers revealed that in her brief spell as a senior royal Meghan felt "unprotected by the Institution, and prohibited from defending herself."

Share this article

RELATED STORIES

Stay Ahead!

Access premium content only available
to our subscribers.

Support independent journalism
×
Log in
Support independent journalism
Create an account    Forgot Password
Create An Account
Support independent journalism
I have an account Log in
Reset Password
Support independent journalism
Log in