If you are looking for meals that are delicious, nutritious and that won’t break the bank, look no more. With just a few ingredients, most of which might already be in your kitchen, you can put together meals that will leave you licking your fingers and asking for more.
Matumbo (tripe), boiled and chopped – Sh.150
2 medium onion, cubed – Sh. 10
2 medium tomatoes, cubed – Sh. 20
1 bunch of dhania, chopped – Sh. 10
Sukuma wiki, already cut – Sh. 20
1 teaspoon Royco
Salt to taste
1. Once the matumbo has been boiled and chopped, add half the onions and allow to boil together. Allow to dry.
2. Add tomatoes and allow to soften and cook.
3. Add the Royco and salt and allow to cook. Stir to avoid burning.
4. Remove from the fire and stir in the dhania when the matumbo is still hot.
5. In a separate pan, heat some oil. Fry the leftover onions until translucent.
6. Add Sukuma wiki and allow to cook.
7. Add salt and Royco, stir and remove from the fire.
8. Serve the cooked matumbo and Sukuma wiki with ugali.
Amount spent – Sh. 210!