At some point in your life you have probably encountered some sort of allergic reaction to either extreme change of weather be it hot or cold.
A common condition that millions of people across the world battle when these changes occur is asthma. So, what is asthma?
Asthma is a chronic disease that affects airways in lungs. During asthma attacks, patients can experience wheezing, coughing, shortness of breath, or tightness and pain in the chest.
Below are some of the surprising facts about asthma.
- In children, boys are more likely to develop asthma than girls, but in adults, women are more likely than men.
- Asthma is the cause for children missing more than 10 million school days a year.
- If your child had eczema as a baby, he/she is at a higher risk of developing asthma later.
- Asthma does not need to limit your child's activities, as long as you use right medication strategies
- Thunderstorms worsen asthma.
- Stress intensifies symptoms. Anxiety makes your breath shallow and shorter, which can make it worse.
- Asthma is the most common lung condition in the world.
- Only 10% of asthmatics develop severe asthma.
Like the saying goes, prevention is cheaper than treatment. Don’t be caught up.
SignUp For Newsletter
Get amazing content delivered to your inbox. Subscribe to our daily Newsletter.