A quarter of women claimed they were the ones who had to make all the important decisions in the relationship
Men and women have finally agreed on something – most men don’t grow up until well into their early 40s.
Both sexes believe blokes stay “immature” at least into their late 30s and often as old as 43, a study has found.
Men and women agreed that women reach proper maturity much earlier than guys, at the typical age of 32.
Eight out of 10 women quizzed said they believed men “never stop being childish”.
A quarter of men described themselves as actively immature – more than double the number of women who did.
Women were twice as likely as men to feel that they were the “grown up” in their current relationship.
A quarter of women claimed they were the ones who had to make all the important decisions in the relationship.
The same percentage wished their partner would talk about themselves and what they were feeling more often.
Some 30% of women questioned said they had ended a relationship because they lost patience with their man being overly immature.
And 46% of women admitted having had a relationship in which they felt they had to mother their partner a bit too much.
Women claimed they had to tell their man to “act his age” more than once a month – 14 times a year on average.
On the bright side, 40% of people said they thought immaturity was important in keeping relationships fun and fresh and 33% said it helped when bonding with kids.
The survey was commissioned by TV channel Nickelodeon to promote show Wendell & Vinnie, in which a carefree 30-year-old bachelor becomes guardian of his intelligent 12-year-old nephew.
Director of Programming Tim Patterson said: “As a man who works for a children’s channel, the question if men ever reach maturity is one I am well accustomed to.
“However as the characters show in our new programme Wendell & Vinnie, a difference in maturity between two people makes for an amusing partnership.”
The show is on weeknights at 7pm.
MEN’S TOP 30 MATURITY FAILINGS - AS EXPERIENCED BY WOMEN
1. Finding their own farts and burps hilarious
2. Eating fast food at 2:00am
3. Playing videogames
4. Driving too fast or ‘racing’ another car at the lights or on the motorway
5. Sniggering a bit at rude words
6. Driving with loud music
7. Playing practical jokes
8. Trying to beat children at games and sport
9. Staying silent during an argument
10. Not being able to cook simple meals
11. Re-telling the same silly jokes and stories when with the lads
12. Don’t like talking about themselves/ having proper conversations
13. Hating books/reading because of short attention span/they’re boring
14. Doing crazy dance moves
15. Mum still doing their washing
16. Having their Mum still make them breakfast/any meal
17. Wearing trainers to night clubs
18. Owning a skateboard or BMX
19. Not eating vegetables
20. Changing jobs regularly
21. Getting too excited over stag dos
22. Sometimes trying to do wheelies/stunts on their bike
23. Driving a modified car or one with a loud exhaust/boy racer
24. Showing off about how girls are attracted to them
25. Wearing pyjamas, specifically cartoon pyjamas
26. Using dodgy chat-up lines
27. Showing off about protein shakes/weight-lifting/how much they ‘lift’
29. Wearing saggy-crotched jeans
30. Having a cartoon bedspread
The views and opinions expressed here are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Evewoman.co.ke