Women traders showcase their wares
By Philip Mwakio | May 2nd 2016
Over 1,000 women entrepreneurs involved in small-scale businesses converged at the scenic Mama Ngina Drive in Mombasa for a three-day business exhibition to showcase their entrepreneurial talents.
The businesswomen drawn from Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru and Nairobi under the aegis of Amsha Mama, met to network, source financing for their micro-businesses and market their products.
According to Joe Kariuki the organiser of the event, their main aim is to enable the small-scale businesswomen to find platforms to sell their goods and services. He said the event seeks to empower women by linking them with like-minded people who will help boost their business. 'We have taken the businesswomen to Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania to showcase their goods regionally and expand their business horizons," he said.
- Philip Mwakio
KETRACO managers headed to court as sabotage probe continues
- It is raining mangoes! But where is the money?
MONEY & MARKET
- Standard Group’s YouTube channels surpass 1 billion views
- Engineers lose bid to exclusively head three key road agencies
- Transport sector loan defaults double to Sh44b on Covid woes
- Trends: When old is not gold for Nairobi housing