Greek finance minister quits
By Reuters | July 6th 2015
The latest news on Greece's debt crisis following overwhelming rejection of a bailout offer from creditors.
1048 - French President Francois Hollande's office denies remarks from a Greek source that he has spoken by phone on Monday with Greek Prime Minister Tsipras.
1030 - Tsipras will speak by phone on Monday with Russian President Vladimir Putin, a Greek government official says.
1013 - Spain's Economy Minister Luis de Guindos says Greece should remain part of the euro zone and Madrid is open to negotiating a third bailout.
0948 - Germany's government spokesman says the door for negotiations with Greece is open, but conditions for such talks are not yet met.
0928 - Euro zone finance ministers say they expect to hear new proposals for credit from Greece when they meet on Tuesday.
0926 - The head of Germany's BDB banking association says the immediate consequences of any Greek default should be manageable for banks in other euro zone states.
UK firm finalises acquisition of Kenyan insurer
- Bank profits surge to Sh60b in 4 months on economic rebound
- Firms to snub Kenya for not reducing emissions
- Tourist numbers edge up after record 2020 slump
- When boots and batons were met with twangs, cards and stethoscopes
By Peter Kimani
- Regent to manage Pangani low-cost housing project
By Peter Theuri